Wills – A Will is a legal document in which  you dispose of your estate and has effect only  after your death. I write Wills to suit your needs and requirements and  offer a home visit service to take your instructions and execute the document.

Estate Planning – Estate Planning is concerned with the passing of wealth within the family. It requires a unique and personal plan involving the use of available tax reliefs and exemptions. I offer  advice  to help maximise the wealth you pass to your loved ones.

Lasting Powers of Attorney – A Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) is a legal document in which you appoint somebody you trust – your attorney- to deal with your welfare and/or financial matters. There are two types of LPAs. A Lasting Power of Attorney for Health and Welfare, which can only be used in the event of the donor lacking mental capacity. On the other hand a Lasting Power of Attorney for Financial Matters that can be used when the donor has or lacks mental capacity. I assist with drafting, execution  and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney with the Office of the Public Guardian. You may choose to make one or both. I offer home visits to take instructions, sign and witness the documents.

Enduring Power of Attorney – An EPA validly executed before October 2007 is still valid. An EPA must be registered with the Office of the Public Guardian if the donor loses mental capacity and I can assist the attorneys with the registration.  However, an EPA cannot be amended if the donor wishes to make changes to the way it has been drafted eg. change attorneys, their instructions, etc. and it is advisable to make a Lasting Power of Attorney for Property and Financial Affairs instead.

Deputyship/Court of Protection – If a close family member has lost their mental capacity and they have not made a Lasting Power of Attorney it is required to make an application to the Court of protection to appoint a Deputy to deal with their financial affairs and health & welfare matters.

Probate/Estate Administration – This is concerned with  applying for a Grant of Probate to enable to administer the deceased estate,  pay due taxes, debts and expenses and distribute the assets to the beneficiaries. An application for a Grant of Probate is not always required to administer the estate of a deceased person as this depends on the size of the estate and the type of property involved. A Grant of Probate may be required even if there is a valid Will.

Golden Charter Funeral Plans – Choose from a range of plans and sign up to your preferred one to freeze costs and agree  details in advance with your chosen funeral director.

Free storage  of documents drafted by Forest Wills is included in my services.

%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close